Thursday, January 10, 2013

arrival in London

I'm finally settled in at Audrey and Michael's house in Eastbourne. Let's recap:

My flight was at 21:40 (MN time) and would arrive at 12:00 (England time, so like 6am MN time) so I knew that I should sleep on the plane. I usually have a really tough time sleeping in not-beds (planes, trains, automobiles etc) so I took some dramamine AND melatonin. Knocked me out. I slept like a baby--even missed the dinner meal. They fed us breakfast shortly before arrival so I had something in my tummy at least.

Michael met me outside of baggage claim. I was originally hoping to go into London for a tattoo consult, but the timing was weird. The shop only had time for a consult at 5pm, but we didn't want to bum around until then, hit rush hour (apparently it's so bad there are songs written about it), and get back here quite late. I was a little bummed but I was pretty tired still from all the hustle and bustle so I was happy to just get driven back here and crash.

I slept for a couple hours, then got up for dinner. We had KFC actually. Now I'm sitting on the couch watching Big Brother with Holly (my cousin), catching up on emails and facebook messages and whatnot. Will look into getting a working cell phone tomorrow hopefully.

All in all I'm excited to be here and to get settled and caught up on sleep. Hopefully will have more interesting stories for next update. A and M have some very fun plans for me in the next few days so I'll let you all know what we do!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Sydney! I heard you made it to Budapest! Looking forward to your next update.

    ReplyDelete