Wednesday, January 2, 2013

[begin panic] (1 week)

One week left in the US before I leave for Budapest. My flight is around 9PM on the 9th. I'm starting to really freak out in excitement/nervousness. I feel quite unprepared--but I'm getting on that plane in a week no matter what so I guess it doesn't really matter how prepared I feel haha.

My plans are to fly into London (Heathrow), where my aunt and uncle pick me up. They live in Eastbourne, which is a two hour drive from London.  I'll stay with them for a few days, and then on the 14th I am taking a train from London to Budapest. The train stops for a few hours in Paris and Munich, so I will have a chance to get out and stretch my legs and get something to eat. I have an overnight car from Munich to Budapest, which is from about 23:00 to 9:00 the next morning. Hope I sleep well.

I'm still not sure where I am living. They arrange housing for us (an apartment somewhere in the city) but don't tell us where or with whom until we get there. Someone will pick me up from the train station and bring me to my housing. I requested to live with my friend Abby so hopefully that will work out. She will get there first (on the 13th or 14th I think) so she can scope out the place and take the better room :P

I've started packing a bit. After lots of deliberation about what kind of bags to bring, I decided on a large suitcase and a fairly large hiking backpack. I am also bringing a smaller (but still big) backpack for weekend trips (which will travel there in the hiking backpack), and a messenger bag for my school/around town bag. I've started sectioning my clothes into piles of "take" and "don't take".

Anyways, that's all for now I think. I hope to post in this thing regularly to keep all my friends and family updated with what I'm doing (although I'm not sure how many people care to hear my ramblings so often).

1 comment:

  1. Wow apologies to anyone viewing this mobile-ly. It looks awful. Will work on that.

    ReplyDelete